Our Shared Values
● Cooperative, democratic ownership within communities | Move resources to locally embedded, collective businesses for distributed economic benefit under community control, combating inequality
● Productive Sustainability | Investing in ﬁnancially sound and sustainable businesses to protect worker-owner interests and the longevity of our fund, supporting ongoing community economic self-determination
● Maximizing community benefit | Build local wealth while investing in projects with social, economic and environmental benefit
● Radical inclusion | Lend to those who have been historically marginalized from capital and provide the TA to overcome the historic lack of access to resources that are prerequisites to successful enterprise
● Non-extraction | Repayment only comes from proﬁts we helped create, never extracted from prior assets
Who we lend to
We accept projects that demonstrate alignment with our values. This includes projects that:
Include members of color, Black and Brown members, immigrants, and indigenous people, and/or focuses on serving people of color.
Includes women and gender non-confirming members and/or focused on serving women and gender non-conforming individuals .
Addresses community need or a specific community within Detroit.
Creates Jobs and ownership positions, and creates meaningful and living wage jobs for its members.
Has demonstrated financial viability and sustainability.
Has equitable ownership of members, with intention to grow member-owners.
Interested in inquiring about a loan? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
DCWF Loan Projects
These are cooperatives in Detroit that we have supported and given loans to.